Nucleus Commercial Finance was founded to provide UK SMEs with alternative funding options. No bureaucracy, no rigidity: we support growing companies with the finance they need to flourish. We combine the stability of bank finance with the flexibility and speed of fintech platforms. We’re completely transparent, won’t mask hidden costs with low-interest rates, and we aren’t going to penalise the businesses we support with unforeseen charges. A fixed upfront fee, fixed monthly payments – that’s it.
The Accounts Assistant will support the accounts department with general administration tasks in order to assist in maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within the business.
Reporting to: Finance Manager / Finance Director
Main duties and responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Cash and bank management – set-up daily payments (CHAPS/BACS/Etc), daily posting of bank transactions, bank reconciliations and cash management.
- Inter-company reconciliation.
- Update the 13 week cash flow on a weekly basis.
- Purchase ledger – payments, reconciliation and processing invoices/expenses.
- Sales ledger – review invoices raised by Accounts Analyst in India (limited in this role).
- Prepare and review the client loan reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and reconcile interest calculation on borrowings on a monthly basis.
- Assist the finance manager with general HMRC duties and VAT returns etc.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when requested
- At least 2 years’ experience within a similar role within financial services.
- Educated to A Level standard and AAT qualified / Starting ACA/ACCA/CIMA (Preferable).
- PC literate and an expert user of Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience of using sage accounts and sage payroll (preferable).
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, dedicated, driven, confident and a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines