Nucleus Commercial Finance was founded to provide UK SMEs with alternative funding options. No bureaucracy, no rigidity: we support growing companies with the finance they need to flourish. We combine the stability of bank finance with the flexibility and speed of fintech platforms. We’re completely transparent, won’t mask hidden costs with low-interest rates, and we aren’t going to penalise the businesses we support with unforeseen charges. A fixed upfront fee, fixed monthly payments – that’s it.
The Business Development Executive supports the Business Development Department in improving the businesses market position through identifying new business opportunities.
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Main duties and responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Research organisations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new markets;
- Cold call as appropriate within your market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities;
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and business development managers;
- Contact potential clients via email and/or phone, follow up new business opportunities and arrange meetings;
- Assist in the planning of new marketing initiatives and attend conferences, meetings, and industry events with colleagues;
- Assist in the planning of pitches and, work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives;
- Complying with regulations and laws of business development and being aware of market trends and competitors;
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires co-workers and clients to grow the business;
- Establish partnerships with other lenders and refer leads which are not suitable for Nucleus products;
- Convert leads generated by marketing into deals and provide feedback on the same.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant program;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business development or a similar role;
- Microsoft Office skills including powerpoint, word and excel;
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its events or willing to learn;
- Be self-motivated, dedicated and able to work in a team;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Excel (min of intermediate preferred)
- Word (min of intermediate preferred)
- Experience of using CRM systems