Date added: 23 January, 2020
Posted by: Jessica Lambert
Nucleus Commercial Finance was founded in 2011 to provide UK SMEs with alternative funding options. No bureaucracy, no rigidity: we support growing companies with the finance they need to flourish. Our specialists have substantial banking and investment experience. As such, we understand how to structure long-term funding that helps your business grow.
At Nucleus, we combine the stability of bank finance with the flexibility and speed of P2P platforms. We’re completely transparent, won’t mask hidden costs with low interest rates. We are an exciting expanding company set on growth and maximising our potential to become an exceptional key partner in business.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for improving the businesses market position to achieve financial growth through identifying new business opportunities and satisfying existing client needs.
Reporting to: Sales Director
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Research organisations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new markets.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives and attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Plan approaches and pitches and, work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person along with the development of proposals and quotes for new business.
- Arrangement of smart objectives for the team and ensuring they are met whilst offering training and development to the team.
- Complying with regulations and laws of business development and being aware of market trends and competitors.
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires co-workers and clients to grow the business.
- Converting leads generated by the marketing team in to deals and providing feedback on the same.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
Essential technical skills:
- Educated to degree / postgraduate level in relevant program;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a business development or a similar role.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including powerpoint, word and excel.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its events.
- Be self-motivated, dedicated and able to manage support staff within the team.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.