Department: Asset Based Lending
Date added: 27 February, 2019
Posted by: Farhan Daudi
Nucleus Commercial Finance was founded in 2011 to provide UK SMEs with alternative funding options. No bureaucracy, no rigidity: we support growing companies with the finance they need to flourish. Our specialists have substantial banking and investment experience. As such, we understand how to structure long-term funding that helps your business grow.
At Nucleus, we combine the stability of bank finance with the flexibility and speed of P2P platforms. We’re completely transparent, won’t mask hidden costs with low interest rates. We are an exciting expanding company set on growth and maximising our potential to become an exceptional key partner in business.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Client Relationship Director who will be responsible for a mixed portfolio of clients including ABL, maintaining an appropriate risk management strategy for each relationship to protect Nucleus Commercial Finance security, whilst establishing and maintaining effective client relationships to extend client life.
Reporting to: Risk & Client Services Director
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Proactive risk management of clients under control to include regular monitoring of collateral performance and appropriate analysis of individual business trading and liquidity, to minimize business losses.
- Ensure that client facilities are operated within Nucleus Commercial Finance agreed policies and procedures, including compliance with facility / financial covenant requirements.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and key personnel within the businesses to ensure a high level of client satisfaction and retention.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal operational and risk colleagues to support own risk management activities and delivery of first-class client service.
- Undertake client visits on an appropriate cycle to support risk management and client retention activities.
- Conduct monthly Portfolio review meetings with Risk & Client Services Director.
- Manage a small team of Client Relationship Managers, providing appropriate, training and mentoring to support their individual personal development.
- Ensure that line reports comply with Nucleus agreed policies and procedures, that a proactive risk-based approach to client management is embedded within the team and best in class service quality is delivered.
- Proactively cross sell other Nucleus products and services, engaging New Business colleagues as necessary.
- Maximize other income opportunities from client portfolio.
- Provide a New Business underwriting resource for the business at the SME level.
- Work closely with the Risk & Client Services Director to support delivery of business objectives in terms of client attrition, write-offs and new business.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Educated to degree / postgraduate level within a field related to role
- At least 10 years senior client management experience within the industry, with some line management responsibility.
- Be self-motivated, confident with a strong work ethic.
- Adaptable to change in an Independent funding environment.
- New business underwriting experience.