Nucleus recently provided a confidential factoring facility to a sub-contractor specialising in manufacturing and installing steel staircases. The business expected the turnover to double over 12 months and required working capital to achieve this.
Due to the contractual nature of the debt, the borrower could not get their bank to extend overdraft facilities or source a competitive invoice finance solution. Nucleus were approached by their accountants due to our experience and knowledge of the sector and our ability to structure the right solution for such businesses.
After detailed analysis of the contracts, Nucleus was able to tailor a flexible solution for the business by providing:
- A cheaper fixed fee facility compared to other providers of construction finance
- 55% pre payments against applications to generate adequate working capital
- Concentration of 45% on their major debtors without bad debt protection
- A confidential facility to prevent the need for disclosure to their debtors
Nucleus' flexible solution has enabled the business to:
- Boost turnover and increase profitability with additional working capital
- Meet payroll and all supplier payments on time
- Take the pressure off the everyday struggle of surviving with no working capital facility
- Avoid raising equity capital which would have diluted existing shareholder’s ownership