Nucleus Commercial Finance was founded to provide UK SMEs with alternative funding options. No bureaucracy, no rigidity: we support growing companies with the finance they need to flourish. We combine the stability of bank finance with the flexibility and speed of fintech platforms. We’re completely transparent, won’t mask hidden costs with low-interest rates, and we aren’t going to penalise the businesses we support with unforeseen charges. A fixed upfront fee, fixed monthly payments – that’s it.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to join a dedicated team of hard workers with easy going personalities, to reach common goals of excellence and achievement.
Reporting to: Risk Director
Main duties and responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Research and collate appropriate information to make a credit decision and keep appropriate records relating to information received and decisions made.
- Liaise with internal and external personnel to gain extra/appropriate information or to discuss applications where necessary. Provide regular information on application statuses and workload.
- Where necessary discuss and agree ways to structure applications that will make the application acceptable to Nucleus.
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the business such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors.
- Carry out risk assessments to analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risk affecting the business and escalate this information to the Risk Director if need be.
- Assist the Risk Director to lead meetings and industry lead steer groups with key potential/established stakeholders to raise the company profile, establishing Nucleus as the provider of choice within the market.
- Actively contribute suggestions and influence improvements in relation to the Cash Flow and Property processes and working practices. Ensure you are compliant with the Nucleus Risk Policies and Guidelines.
- To work within the level of risk the business is prepared to accept.
- Monitor own and team performance against set targets and Staff Dialogue.
- Support the audit of relevant quality assurance systems across the business.
- To assist in developing the business Continuity plans to limit risks and preparation for if things go wrong.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
- At least 3 years’ experience in a risk environment & strong decision-making ability
- Understanding of financial statements and principles of lending
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, negotiation & conflict resolution skills
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work within structured processes managing tasks efficiently and effectively
- Adaptable, self-motivated team player
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Be proactive and acts on own initiative and have good problem-solving skills
- Excel (min of intermediate preferred)
- Word (min of intermediate preferred)
- Experience of using CRM systems