Nucleus Commercial Finance was founded in 2011 to provide UK SMEs with alternative funding options. No bureaucracy, no rigidity: we support growing companies with the finance they need to flourish.
Our specialists have substantial banking and investment experience. As such, we understand how to structure long-term funding that helps your business grow.
At Nucleus, we combine the stability of bank finance with the flexibility and speed of P2P platforms. We’re completely transparent, won’t mask hidden costs with low-interest rates.
We are an exciting expanding company set on growth and maximising our potential to become an exceptional key partner in the business.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to join a dedicated team of hard workers with easy going personalities, to reach common goals of excellence and achievement.
Reporting to: Collections Manager
- Manage the accounts receivable cases with an aim to reduce outstanding debt by contacting customers who are in arrears to resolve outstanding payments via telephone, letter, and e-mail
- Work with customers to resolve issues whereby direct debits that have been canceled or failed
- Reduce and maintain the number of debtor days to acceptable levels/targets
- To be able to negotiate payment terms
- Resolving customer complaints in order to minimise losses
- Liaise with external legal organisations when dealing with queries arising from legal action
- Working with other teams within Nucleus, including Risk and Sales to assist with payment queries and settlement requests
- Ensuring customer records are kept fully up-to-date
- Undertake any ad hoc administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the department when and as required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to follow through on difficult decisions
- Collections/Credit Control experience is preferred
- Knowledge of contracts and an understanding of UK Insolvency and consumer credit laws would be highly advantageous
- Banking, Leasing or Financial Services experience preferred
- Ability to work within structured processes managing tasks efficiently and effectively
- Skilled in negotiation
- Adaptable, self-motivated team player
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Be proactive and acts on own initiative and have good problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with change, be flexible and handle difficult situations
- Word (min of intermediate preferred)
- Experience of using CRM systems